Plitvice & Zadar Sunset
Interesting facts about Plitvice & Zadar Sunset
- The Plitvice lakes consist of 16 lakes, joined together like a series of steps. The ﬁrst lake is at 636 m above sea level, and the last is 133 m lower. They are linked by waterfalls and cascades.
- The lakes mainly lie in a south-north direction, are 8 km long and cover an area of 2 km2. The deepest lake is 46 m deep. They are divided into two groups: the Upper (12 lakes), formed of dolomite rock, which are broad and surrounded by a peaceful landscape; and the Lower (4 lakes) formed from limestone. These are smaller and lie beneath 70 m high rock cliffs.
- The Plitvice lakes have been registered by UNESCO as part of the world’s natural heritage.
- Zadar is the olderst continuously inhabited city in Croatia with evidences from Stone age.
- nowhere in the world can a person witness a more beautiful sunset than in Zadar. The words were spoken fifty years ago by the famous movie director Alfred Hitchcock.
Entrance 1 (north)
Starting point of tours A (time 2-3 h, distance 3500m), B (3-4h, 4000m), C (6-8h, 8000m) and K (6-8h, 18000m).
Entrance 2 (south)
Starting point of tours E (time 2-3 h, distance 5100m), F (3-4h, 4600m), H (6-8h, 8900m) and K (6-8h, 18300m)
In Zadar, driver will enter to city center
You can mix your Plitvice tour in a way that we drop you off at south entrance and pick you up in north one, for NO extra fee.
November – March is low season and Plitvice lake national park entrance fee starts from 7 EUR in low season
April – June & September – October is mid season andPlitvice lake national park entrance fee starts from 15 EUR in mid season
July – August is high season and Plitvice lake national park entrance fee starts from 24 EUR in high season
To prolong your tour to 2 days in a way that we visit firstly Sibenik and
Zadar, in the evening you enjoy night surrounded by nature on Plitvice lake
and after good night of sleep do Plitvice tour. There are plenty of houses
available for renting for one night and nice restaurans serving only
domestic food... Ask us for more info!
What is included in this tour?
Items that are included in the cost of tour price.
|Air conditioned car or van|
|English experienced driver|
|Free bottle of water per pax|
|Road and highway tools|
What is not included in this tour?
Items that are not included in the cost of tour price.
Pick up from your hotel (can be adjusted before or after)
Coffee break (at Skradin stop, excellent for picture taking)
Arrival at National park Plitvice lakes
Sightseeing (based on one of choosed tours)
Departure from Plitvice lakes
Arrival in Zadar city center (sightseeing)
Departure towards Split
Drop off at your hotel / apartment
Free stop in Skradin stop where you can have amazing view on Krka river
and city of Skradin, excellent place to relax and take some really nice
pictures. Most tours to Plitvice and Zadar finish at 6pm, we are the only one
prolonging it to 9:30pm so that you can enjoy spectacular sunset.
What makes us different?
No itinerary (proposed itineraries are just for your info)
Full flexibility (stop for taking pictures, short sightseeing, taking a break…)
All tours and transfers are private
No tour guide if you don’t ask it (more than 80% of attractions don’t need guide beside the driver who can provide you with lots of informations, so why to charge it?)
Custom tours (make a wish and we will realize it)
Free extras in lots of tours (why not to stop in some city close to national park?
Receiving booking up to 11pm for the next day