Krka & Klis fortress Tour
Interesting facts about Krka & Klis fortress Tour
- Krka national park is one of the most visited tours from Split and surrounding area ( Krka tour is also possible from Podstrana, Kastela, Trogir and Makarska area, for other cities please contact us).
- The Krka is 73 km long in all, of wich the first part flows through plains (13 km) the second (40 km) through a canyon and the final stage forms lakes joined to the sea.
- The Klis fortress is a medieval fortress situated above a village bearing the same name, near the city of Split which also served as a royal castle that was the seat of many Croatian kings.
- The Klis fortress was used in a 1972 historical film Eagle in a Cage, portraying Saint Helena. Klis is also being used as a location for filming the HBO series Game of Thrones.
- Romantic Mediterranean town full of narrow paved streets, passages, vaults and stairs. The entire town core is a protected cultural monument. It still has many houses dating from the 18th and 19th century. From this place boat is departing upwards Krka river and view from the boat is amazing as you are reaching waterfalls.
- Splitdaytour is one of the rare agencies driving to Skradin as it is 15min more far away but you get really nice experience on what Mediteran used to look like.
Very close to the waterfalls, walking distance
You can mix your Krka tour in a way that we drop you off at Skradin and
pick you up in Lozovac, for NO extra fee
November – March is low season and Krka national park entrance fee starts from 4 EUR in low season
April – June & September – October is mid season and Krka national park entrance fee starts from 15 EUR in mid season
July – August is high season and Krka national park entrance fee starts from 24 EUR in high season
To do sightseeing of small Skradin city, take the boat upwards the Krka river
(which is anyway included in your regular ticket price) and that driver pick you
up near waterfalls so that you dont spent too much time on return to
Skradin...for free of course 🙂
What is included in this tour?
Items that are included in the cost of tour price.
|Air conditioned car or van|
|English experienced driver|
|Free bottle of water per pax|
|Road and highway tools|
What is not included in this tour?
Items that are not included in the cost of tour price.
Pick up from your hotel (can be adjusted before or after)
Coffee break (at Skradin stop, excellent for picture taking)
Arrival at National park Krka
Sightseeing (based on one of choosed tours)
Departure from Krka national park
Arrival at Klis fortress Sightseeing
Departure towards Split
Drop off at your hotel / apartment
Free stop in Skradin stop where you can have amazing view on Krka river and
city of Skradin, excellent place to relax and take some really nice pictures. We
are one of the rare companies doing drop off in Skradin where you can take
boat which will take you to waterfalls (included in ticket price).
What makes us different?
No itinerary (proposed itineraries are just for your info)
Full flexibility (stop for taking pictures, short sightseeing, taking a break…)
All tours and transfers are private
No tour guide if you don’t ask it (more than 80% of attractions don’t need guide beside the driver who can provide you with lots of informations, so why to charge it?)
Custom tours (make a wish and we will realize it)
Free extras in lots of tours (why not to stop in some city close to national park?
Receiving booking up to 11pm for the next day